We are pleased to invite you to nominate yourself or another individual for BioTechNZ’s Executive Council.
BioTechNZ brings together a national community of biotech innovators, investors, regulators, researchers, social entrepreneurs and interested public and connects this community to global biotech ecosystems. We also help raise awareness and increase understanding of biotechnology to enable our nation to embrace the best opportunities biotech offers to us daily, helping us live better, healthier and more productive lives. We take a practical but information- and evidence-based approach, focusing on harnessing the opportunities and addressing the issues. We draw on the active contributions of all members.
To continue building on our success, it is critical to have the drive and support of a purposeful Executive Council and we are now seeking nominations. We encourage you to consider who could make an impact as a member of the BioTechNZ Executive Council, ensuring the new Council reflects the diversity of the community we support.
Executive Council Nominations
There is now an opportunity to put yourself forward or nominate someone else for a role on the BioTechNZ Executive Council. This year we have a vacancy for the following positions:
- Corporate – Major: 1 position;
- Corporate – Other: 1 position;
- SMEs & Start-ups: 1 position;
- Education: 1 position
Nominees for the above positions must be from a BioTechNZ member organisation and from the same category they wish to represent.
All nominations must be submitted online hereby 5pm, Tuesday 17 August 2021.
BioTechNZ Executive Council roles and responsibilities include:
- Direct and supervise the business and affairs of BioTechNZ.
- Attend monthly Executive Council meetings, usually two hours in duration (video conferencing available).
- Represent BioTechNZ at industry events and as part of delegations.
- Assist with managing and securing members of BioTechNZ.
- Participate in BioTechNZ working groups and projects.
- Where agreed by the Executive Council, act as a spokesperson for BioTechNZ on particular issues relating to working groups or projects.
- Be a vocal advocate of BioTechNZ.
Voting will take place online in advance of the meeting and will be open for 2 weeks. The results will be announced at the Annual Meeting, on 21 September 2021. Please see the Charter for an outline of Executive Council Membership and election process. Each organisation has one vote allocated to the primary contact of the member organisation.
Annual Meeting Details
The Annual Meeting is scheduled for 11am on Tuesday 21 September 2021 and is to be held via video conference. Register for the event here.
Notices and Remits
If you wish to propose any notices or motions to be considered at the Annual Meeting, please send them to email@example.com by 5pm, Tuesday 31 August 2021.
- Now: Call for nominations for Executive Council representatives issued to members.
- 17 August: Deadline for nominations to be received.
- 24 August: List of nominees to be issued to BioTechNZ voting members and electronic voting commences.
- 31 August: Any proposed notices, motions or remits to be advised to BioTechNZ.
- 21 September: Results of online voting announced at Annual Meeting.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to your response and your nominations!
Nga mihi nui,
The team at BioTechNZ