We are pleased to invite you to nominate yourself or another individual for BioTechNZ’s Executive Council.
The purpose of BioTechNZ is to raise awareness and increase understanding of biotechnology to enable our nation to embrace the best opportunities biotech has to offer, helping us live better, healthier and more productive lives. To achieve this purpose, BioTechNZ collaborates with others to:
- Help connect the biotech ecosystem.
- Promote the importance of biotech to New Zealand.
- Promote New Zealand biotech organisations to the world.
- Help advance Government’s understanding of biotech and its potential.
BioTechNZ Executive Council roles and responsibilities include:
- Direct and supervise the business and affairs of BioTechNZ.
- Attend bimonthly (once every two months) Executive Council meetings, usually one and a half hours in duration.
- Represent BioTechNZ at industry events and as part of delegations to Government and other key stakeholders.
- Assist with managing and securing members of BioTechNZ.
- Participate in BioTechNZ working groups and projects.
- Where agreed by the Executive Council, act as a spokesperson for BioTechNZ on particular issues relating to working groups or projects.
- Be a vocal advocate of BioTechNZ.
Voting will take place online in advance of the meeting and will be open for 2 weeks. The results will be announced at the Annual Meeting, on 20 September 2022. Please see the Charter (by clicking here) for an outline of Executive Council membership and election process. Each organisation has one vote that is allocated to the primary contact of the member organisation.
Annual Meeting Details
The Annual Meeting is scheduled for 20 September 2022 and is to be held via tele/video conference. You can register to attend here.
Notices and Remits
If you wish to propose any notices or motions to be considered at the Annual Meeting, please send them to email@example.com by 5pm, 16 August 2022.
- Now – Call for nominations for Executive Committee members is issued to members.
- 16 August – Nominations close, and all received nominations are validated.
- 23 August – Electronic voting commences.
- 30 August – Due date for notices or motions to be considered at the Annual Meeting.
- 7 September – Electronic voting closes.
- 20 September – Results announced at Annual Meeting.
Nga mihi nui,
The team at BioTechNZ