Therapeutic Products Act seminar
Join us to hear about what the Therapeutic Products Act 2023 means for biotech and natural health product businesses that operate in or export out of New Zealand. The presentation will cover topics such as:
• What is a “therapeutic” product
• What are ‘natural health products’ and how will they be regulated under the Act
• How the Act will regulate therapeutic products that contain cells, tissue and other biological components
• What the Act will mean for medicinal cannabis businesses
• What to start thinking about now before the Act comes into force.
This seminar is CPD eligible and will have be hosted in-person and via Zoom. For those attending online, webinar details will be provided once registration has been completed.
Aisling is a senior commercial lawyer and health sector specialist. She has extensive expertise in the commercialisation of health technology and the regulation of therapeutic products (including medicines, medical devices and dietary supplements). Aisling has advised industry associations, and medical device and pharmaceutical companies on the implications of the Therapeutic Products Act and drafted Parliamentary supplementary order papers when it was a Bill. Aisling previously worked in house at Fisher & Paykel Healthcare and is currently seconded to Te Whatu Ora – Counties Manukau.
Diana specialises in public law, and has specialist expertise in the regulation of therapeutic products. In particular, Diana advised the Ministry of Health’s policy team during the development of the Therapeutic Products Bill, and has also advised various organisations and industry associations on the implications of the Therapeutic Products Act.
Alex specialises in corporate and commercial law. Alex previously worked in-house at one of New Zealand’s largest pharmaceutical companies.
- Date: Wednesday 15 November 2023
- Time: 4.30pm arrival for in person attendees, 4.50pm seminar start for Zoom attendees
RSVP by Wednesday 8 November 2023